Dog Days of Summer: Floral Edition

Hey, everyone! Although summer is starting to wind down, mine is still going strong!  I feel especially summery in this floral skater dress that I scored off a rack at Marshall’s.  I paired the dress with my favorite pair of oxfords (ok, I only have two pairs, but this pair is my favorite out of the two), and some seriously sparkly glitter liner to bring out the turquoise flowers in the dress.  My dachshund, Schmooly, also got to guest star in this shoot! We both had a blast shooting this look in the park.

Dress: Similar here

Patent Oxfords: H&M

Scrunchie: Topshop (see this post)

DDoSFE- NRoH

DDoSFE-NRoH

DDoSFE- NRoH

DDoSFE- NRoH

Makeup:

Eyeliner: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Stagedive

Nail Polish: Play Date by Essie

glitter liner nroh

play date essie nroh

Photos by Aleks Merkovich

• August 11, 2014 / 8:37 pm

Thank you so much! It’s one of my favorite liners!

• August 12, 2014 / 4:11 pm

Thank you so much! I also agree that Schmooly makes the perfect accessory and Play Date by Essie is now officially my new favorite nail color; I’m totally obsessed with it 🙂

1. August 12, 2014 / 5:34 pm

Omg your puppy is sooo cute, and I adore that eyeliner!

• August 12, 2014 / 5:47 pm

Schmooly says woof and thanks for the compliment! I’ve been a fan of Urban Decay’s glitter eyeliners since the 7th grade and it’s comments like yours that have encouraged me to keep wearing it! Thank you so much!

2. August 12, 2014 / 9:28 pm

I’m so in love with your eye liner! It’s sooooo cool. I usually stick to black/simple looks but I think I’d actually wear this. The colour reminds me of mermaids!

• August 12, 2014 / 9:36 pm

Shann,

Thank you so much! I idolized mermaids when I was younger and to be honest, I still wish I was one, nothing has changed! Wearing turquoise eyeliner definitely helps me channel my still-alive mermaid dreams 🙂

I also checked out your blog earlier today and it’s absolutely amazing! I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for your new posts. Let’s keep in touch!

3. August 14, 2014 / 3:45 pm

I love how minimal and modern the outfit is! Really makes an awesome statement.
    Im a Swedish Blogger based in London, would be awesome if you could check out my blog 😀

• August 14, 2014 / 8:16 pm

Thanks, Rohma! I just checked out your blog and it’s awesome! You have great style 🙂