Hey, everyone! Today, I’m taking a break from fashion and sharing an amazing recipe that I tried this past weekend. Brownies, toffee, and cheesecake are three of the best desserts life has to offer, so why not combine them? I adapted the recipe from here (they suggested using brownie mix, but I went for brownies from scratch instead). I made 18 brownies, but you could make more or less depending on how you cut them or if you tweak the proportions:
For the brownies you will need:
225 g unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/2 rounded teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the toffee and cheesecake layers you will need:
8 oz cream cheese
Sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 bag (8 oz) of toffee bits
milk dark chocolate chips
BEFORE BEGINNING: Preheat oven to 350 degrees!
1. Melt the butter. Once melted, mix butter, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Once mixed, start adding eggs one by one (as in, add one egg, mix everything, add another egg, mix again, and so forth).
3. Add vanilla and flour. Mix until batter is smooth.
4. Pour batter into a baking pan (lined with tin foil or sprayed with cooking spray, depending on if you have foil or spray on hand).
5. SET BROWNIE BATTER ASIDE.
The naked brownie batter
6. Melt cream cheese. Once melted, mix cream cheese, toffee bits, peanut butter, and milk.
Mixing the cheesecake batter
7. Stir cheesecake batter until smooth.
8. Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter. Spread evenly.
Brownie + cheesecake about to go into the oven!
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes. I baked my batch for 35 minutes, and then set the oven to the BROIL setting to get the cheesecake layer to be fully cooked.
ONCE BATCH IS OUT OF THE OVEN:
10. Pour chocolate chips into a bowl and put them in the microwave for 1 min.
11. Pour melted chocolate onto the cheesecake layer. Spread evenly. Sprinkle toffee bits on this final layer.
12. Refrigerate for about an hour.
13. Eat and enjoy!
These brownies were a huge success! They are extremely rich and very filling. I would definitely recommend baking these for a study break, a birthday, or just for the heck of it.