Hey, everyone! It’s been a stressful quarter for me so far, so I took a break from my work last night and made these super delicious blondies that are loaded with m&ms! They’re so quick and easy to make. You can substitute the m&ms with chocolate chips, oreos, or any other candy or cookie you may have lying around at home.
I adapted the recipe from here. The batter made after following the recipe was extremely small compared to the size of the pan I needed to fill, so once I poured the batter into the pan, I repeated the steps to make a second batter. For ONE batch of batter, you will need:
1 stick of butter (unsalted)
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of m&ms
Before beginning, preheat oven to 350 degrees!
1. Melt the butter. Once melted, mix vanilla extract, flour, and sugar in a medium sized bowl.
2. After mixing these ingredients, add the egg. Continue mixing.
3. Pour in the m&ms. Mix until the m&ms are well distributed throughout the batter.
4. Pour the batter into a baking pan lined with aluminum foil (or sprayed with cooking spray).
Repeat steps 1-4 if you are using a larger baking pan (this indicates that you will need a duplicate set of the ingredients on hand).
The batter before it went into the oven.
5. Put pan into oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
6. Once batter is out of the oven, test to see if it is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out unscathed, your batter is probably done being baked.
6. Cut into squares, eat and enjoy!
Out of the oven and ready to eat!