6 Productive Things to do Between Christmas and New Year’s

Now that the gift-giving holidays are over, we’re sort of stuck in this weird limbo before the New Year’s Eve festivities begin. I know many of you are on break/vacation right now, so if you’re bored af at any point for these next few days, here’s a list of productive things to do to pass the time. Don’t let those precious free hours go to waste, use them to do things you’ve always wanted to do!

1. Get Google Adwords certified

google adwords no repeats or hesitations

This is a huuuuuge resume booster! Google Adwords is what companies use to advertise their site on Google. By using a careful science of keywords, sites aim to have their results show up as the top result of googling a certain word or phrase. You can become a certified expert in the techniques behind Google’s Adword system in just two day’s time. This is a great thing to know, especially if you want a career in digital media analytics.

2. Learn a new language/brush up on one you knew previously

Helloooo, DuoLingo! I’ve been brushing up on my Russian with the DuoLingo app, but there are lots of languages that are still not available through their program. I ended up finding a YouTube channel that teaches Yiddish, so that was dope. If you are looking to learn a language but don’t know where to find resources, shoot me a message and I’d be glad to help (I am obsessed with languages!).

3. Write a list for Listverse

listverse no repeats or hesitationsLooking to make extra cash? If you have time on your hands, you can try your hand at earning money from Listverse. Listverse will pay you $100 for writing a list of 10 items. The catch? It has to be a list of things not previously covered by someone else on the site. If you have an original list idea, you can easily turn it into cold hard cash. Scoreeeee!

4. Play some brain games

productive things to do no repeats or hesitations If you want to play games, you can sharpen your brain while doing so! Lumosity has some great games for your ol’ noggin. Alternatively, there’s Free Rice, which I mentioned in my charity post. You can brush up on your vocabulary and donate rice to those in need. Now THAT’s productivity!

5. Try a new recipe

Whipping up something time-consuming while school/work is going on is impractical, but the holiday break is the PERFECT opportunity to make that 10 layer cake or 5-course dinner you’ve always wanted to! Break out the cookbooks and pull up the Pinterest pages to pass the time making the meal of your dreams. (P.S. check out my friend Savannah’s baking blog, Seven Bakers Lane for incredible dessert recipes!).

6. Read about a topic that you wish you had more foundation in

reading no repeats or hesitations

Do you ever think to yourself, “Wow, I wish I knew more about X!” Whether it’s a political issue, historical timeline, or a small skill, now is the time to read up and fill the gaps in your knowledge.

How are you spending the days between holidays? Thinking of other productive things to do between Christmas and New Year’s? Are you doing anything fun, rewarding, or exciting? Feel free to share in the comments!

1. December 28, 2017 / 12:56 am

Some great ideas, (you could actually turn this into a list for Listverse if it’s not already done haha) the days till New Years are always a bit hazy so spending them doing Lumosity sounds like a great plan to me! Oh and new recipes…

2. December 28, 2017 / 2:25 pm

These are such good ideas! I’ll definitely be looking into Listverse, that sounds like a great way to make some cash.

3. Annaliese
    December 28, 2017 / 3:34 pm

What fun ideas!! This week I’m getting caught up at work (and on my blog) and preparing to leave for a New Year’s vacation!

xoxo A

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      December 29, 2017 / 10:11 pm

haha blog work is always on the agenda! Have fun on your vacation, can’t wait to read about it

4. December 28, 2017 / 3:55 pm

I love duolingo! It is my favorite way to brush up on my Spanish! Love love love!

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      December 29, 2017 / 10:04 pm

I use it to brush up on Russian, it’s fantastic!

5. December 29, 2017 / 5:21 pm

I feel like the lull between Christmas and NYE is so awkward. At the office, it’s so quiet, and I’m like…what do I do? I know the busy will hit when the new year starts, but in the meantime… I’ve been working on learning Spanish using Duolingo. It’s such an awesome and user-friendly app.

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      December 29, 2017 / 10:03 pm

I agree, it’s so awkward! That’s what inspired me to write this list. I’m glad to hear you’re using Duolingo, it’s so much fun

6. January 1, 2018 / 11:01 am

Awesome ideas! I’ve been looking for some things to do!

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      January 1, 2018 / 2:07 pm

Thanks, Madison! Happy to help cure boredom lol

7. January 1, 2018 / 12:40 pm

These a really great ideas. I love learning so I just enrolled in some free trainings for graphic design! I also have never heard of being certified in google ad words and that has definitely peaked my interest. Thanks for sharing!

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      January 1, 2018 / 2:07 pm

oh that’s awesome! I’d love to get better at graphic design. So glad to hear you enjoyed the post 💕

8. ad
    January 1, 2018 / 10:29 pm

I absolutely love this! That’s usually the week of the hear that I never know what day it is, what time it is or what I should be doing LOL!

9. January 1, 2018 / 11:14 pm

Oooo, I didn’t even know you could get Google Adwords certified. I use Adwords for work now so that would be perfect (and um, bragging rights). Thanks for sharing these!

10. January 3, 2018 / 12:26 am

I had no clue you could be certified in Google Adwords but it’s definitely something that I’m going to look into, especially since I want to learn more about it for my blog anyways!

Logan | signedlogan.com

11. January 3, 2018 / 11:13 am

I’ve been trying to learn Hungarian on Duolingo. Found out from a fluent Hungarian speaker that most of the words are wrong. That was a bummer haha

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      January 3, 2018 / 11:37 am

oh man!! That’s a bummer, maybe there are a lot of different dialects of Hungarian? In any case, letslearnhungarian.net seems to have some resources!

12. January 4, 2018 / 2:16 pm

These are great ideas! Adding these to my New Year’s List of things to do! I definitely didn’t do them during the week between Christmas and New Year’s!

xo, L