How to Use Twitter as a Blogger

Hey, everyone! This post has been highly requested by my IG followers and I’m beyond excited to be sharing my tips on how to use Twitter as a blogger. A lot of my blogger friends have expressed both frustration and confusion when it comes to using Twitter. For me, Twitter was the first social media platform that I fell in love with as a blogger. I, too, didn’t know how to properly use it for a long time, but once I got the hang of it, it became a vital tool for connecting with and growing my audience.

how to use twitter as a blogger

1. Tweet consistently

The very first step to having a vivacious Twitter page is to tweet and tweet often. I’m not saying you need to live tweet your life every hour- but once or twice daily will definitely suffice. Having a Twitter profile that shows you’re tweeting on a consistent basis will attract more visitors and followers.

2. Engage with others

Once you’ve been tweeting consistently, you can dive right in and start connecting with other users. There is a very large and active presence of British bloggers who hang out on Twitter (I’m not sure why this is the case, but for some reason, Twitter is quite popular amongst bloggers from the U.K.). The best way to make connections is to reply directly to someone’s tweet and start a conversation with them. Twitter is raw and more organic than other social media platforms. You can really foster deep connections on the platform and in turn, gain a community of highly supportive and engaging followers.

3. Tag brands and retweet accounts

You probably tag brands on your Insta posts- but guess what?!? Fewer people are doing so on Twitter. You can tweet images with brand products or simply express how much you love a certain product/brand with no image. Tagging brands on Twitter will help get you noticed. Brands often engage with tweets they are tagged in!

To reach potential readers of your content, you can also tag retweet accounts in your tweets. These are accounts that will retweet your tweet to their followings. The more retweet accounts you tag, the wider the distribution of your content will be. This is especially helpful if you’re just starting out and don’t have a super big following yet!

Find a list of retweet accounts HERE!

4. Listen to your analytics

Your Twitter analytics will tell you exactly which tweets performed the best. You’ll be able to see how each of your tweets performed in terms of impressions and engagements. You can use this data to pinpoint what “types” of tweets are performing the best on your page. Are certain topics you’re tweeting about gaining more traction than others?

Be sure to pay attention to the dates and times you’re tweeting. For instance, because most of my Twitter followers are in the U.K., tweeting late at night doesn’t work because most of my followers are asleep due to the time difference. Timing your tweets can make an enormous difference in your engagement rate and impressions!

Did you love these tips? Hungry for even MORE info?

I spill ALL my secrets in my brand new ONLINE COURSE! You can learn how to rock Twitter as a blogger for a super low price by clicking here.

RELATED VIDEO: HOW TO USE TWITTER AS A BLOGGER

Connect with me on social:

Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

1. April 11, 2018 / 8:54 am

Pinned! 🙂 I honestly don’t use Twitter and I’ve never tried to use it for my blog (mostly from feeling like I already have too many things to manage) but maybe I’ll start using it in the future! Thanks for sharing this! 🙂

2. April 11, 2018 / 9:56 am

Great tips! I’ll admit I lost track of Twitter personally as more and more social media platforms started taking over. Might be time to brush that account off and get back into it!

3. April 11, 2018 / 11:14 am

These are very useful tips! I have never gotten into Twitter including for personal use, but I may consider it for Blogging!

4. April 11, 2018 / 11:58 am

I hate to admit that I don’t utilize Twitter as much as I should. Such helpful tips.

5. the sophia diaries
    April 11, 2018 / 2:32 pm

i appreciate you breaking this down but i’m still not going to use it for my blog hahaha twitter requires some serious brain power that i do not have to spare xD

6. Annaliese
    April 11, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Twitter is definitely the most “personal” of my blog social media- I promote it the least and really just use it to say what’s on my mind (rather than IG which I plan so much). But I love it!

xoxo A

7. April 12, 2018 / 1:14 am

I just can’t get on board with Twitter!! I find all I tweet is just links to my new posts! I can’t get the hang of it ahaha

8. April 12, 2018 / 7:59 am

Great tips! I’m so bad at utilizing Twitter to its full potential!

9. April 12, 2018 / 8:09 am

Great tips! Working on increasing my Twitter interaction is next on my blogging to do list for sure. Pinning this guy to refer to later.

10. April 12, 2018 / 8:46 am

Twitter can actually be a great tool if you maximize it’s potential! I actually seem to have better engagement on Twitter vs. Instagram.

11. April 12, 2018 / 10:42 am

Thanks for these tips! My Twitter game is so inconsistent haha.

12. April 12, 2018 / 11:33 am

It is so hard to keep on top of all the platforms. Twitter definitely needs some TLC from me!

13. April 13, 2018 / 6:38 pm

I used to really love Twitter, especially for blogging & connecting with others, but lately I feel like it’s just been a hot mess on there. Maybe I just need to follow some fresh accounts 😀

14. April 17, 2018 / 12:12 pm

I am not a heavy twitter user but you make some very valid points. Will have to try harder on that front.

Thank you for the pointers.

15. April 18, 2018 / 8:47 am

I don´t have twitter, but now I think it might be helpful for my blog. Do you think every blogger should have twitter?

kiara

• norepeatsorhesitations@gmail.com
      Author
      April 18, 2018 / 8:51 am

Hi Kiara! Yes, definitely! It’s great exposure for your links if you tweet them out using the retweet accounts I mentioned. The blogger community on Twitter is super active and supportive. I’ve also used my Twitter to grow my IG (which is kind of weird, I know) through Follower Train threads. I definitely think it’s underused and underrated as a platform.