The Face Oil that Single-Handedly Changed my Makeup Routine

Ever since brands like Glossier and Milk Makeup took over the beauty-sphere, dewy looks have been having a moment.  Achieving a dewy look, however, is easier said than done. One product too many can leave you looking like you just left the gym instead of getting kissed by the rain. You guys know I don’t normally write a post on a single beauty product, but this oil is just SO good it deserves its own feature.

RELATED POST: RILEY ROSE BEAUTY HAUL + REVIEW

Enter: the NYX Hydra Touch Oil Primer.

nyx hydra touch oil primer

Believe it or not, before I tried this life-changing oil, I had only tried two other primers previously: one mattifying, one pore-blurring. Neither wowed me in a big way. I honestly can’t really explain how I picked this NYX product out of the crowd. The packaging isn’t super attention-grabbing, and I wasn’t even looking for a face oil. I was just casually browsing my local Ulta and somehow this ended up in my shopping basket🤷🏻‍♀️. But WOW am I glad it did.

nyx hydra touch oil primer

The key ingredients are jojoba and almond oil, which means that this oil is not only healthy for your skin, it smells incredible. The 20 mL bottle comes with a dropper inside and a little product goes a lonnng way. Each morning, I put one drop on my forehead, one underneath each of my eyes, and another on my chin and that’s PLENTY. The oil then seeps into my skin and gives me an immediate dewy glow.

But wait, there’s more. To cover my dark circles and breakouts, I use the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Concealer, which is full-coverage (a.k.a. thicc). Before I integrated the NYX oil into my daily routine, blending my concealer into my skin was quite the challenge. It was cakey and tough to spread around, even with my eye cream and moisturizer as a base. With this oil, even the thickest of concealers glides onto skin like a dream.  My skin looks both airbrushed and natural at the same damn time.

nyx hydra touch oil primer

If you have dry skin, struggle with applying your concealer/foundation, want that trendy ~dewy~ look for not a ton of money, or all of the above, this oil will solve your problems. Your skin will thank you.

Is there a beauty product that changed your daily routine? Are you into dewy or matte looks? Do you use any primers or facial oils? Leave your thoughts below in the comments!

Connect with me on social:

Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

This post contains affiliate links. NRoH thanks you for your support!

1. August 22, 2018 / 11:47 am

I struggle with applying concealer, so this sounds like something I should try!

2. August 22, 2018 / 2:55 pm

My face is naturally oily and I prefer a matte look so sometimes is difficult to do it. I don’t wear much makeup because I hate to feel my skin heavy. Although that face oil sounds amazing!

3. August 22, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I’ve been switching up my skincare/makeup routine because I have very acne prone skin and I recently started oil cleansing so I definitely want to check this out!

4. August 22, 2018 / 8:19 pm

This definitely looks like a hidden gem! I don’t really love overly matte OR overly dewy products – I prefer somewhere in between, which makes it tough to find makeup! But I love any good CC cream with medium coverage!

5. August 22, 2018 / 10:49 pm

I legit never wear makeup. I have never been good at it and I don’t really like it. My skin is super sensitive and it gets so itchy and dry!

6. paige
    August 23, 2018 / 12:01 am

definitely going to try this out because you are the queen when it comes to makeup and beauty!! thank you for the recommendation 🙂

7. August 23, 2018 / 9:26 am

I’ve never even heard of this before! I’ve had similar experiences with primers like you – I’ve only tried two (also pore-blurring) and they were just fine, but nothing spectacular. I really want to try this! I’ve generally had good experiences with NYX products!

8. August 23, 2018 / 5:24 pm

beauty oils are one my favorite beauty secrets – they work wondersQ!

9. adriana
    August 23, 2018 / 7:24 pm

This is so exciting to hear! I’ve been looking into different facial oils and found a few I love but this one is so much more affordable! Gotta try it out!

10. August 23, 2018 / 7:43 pm

This sounds awesome! Love trying new beauty products.

11. August 24, 2018 / 10:41 am

I love the look of dewy skin and adore trying new oils and serums. Thanks for sharing your favorite affordable option <3

12. August 24, 2018 / 12:12 pm

Sounds like straight up beauty in a bottle!

13. Katie
    August 26, 2018 / 6:59 pm

I’ll totally have to check this product out next time I’m in the makeup oil. Sounds like it’s amazing!